Sunday, June 16

Father's Day 2013

Summer school is FINALLY over!
It was very stressful/frustrating for me.
I probably have a nice little silver highlight in my hair, thanks to summer school.
What's done it done, and I got paid, so let's move on!
Obviously, I was thinking about fathers today.
My father and my husband are wonderful examples of good fathers in me and my children's lives.
Maybe that's why I was attracted to T, because I knew he would be like my own dad.
He would take the time to show his children he truly cared about his children.
He would consider all the responsibilities of parenthood an equal and joint partnership.
He would change a diaper without blinking an eye.
He would watch the kids if I needed to go somewhere all day, without thinking twice.
He would give them nightly baths (he's the only one that does that), and think of it as fun.
He would make his children fall in love with him by building forts in the living room, jumping on the tramp, feeding them, putting them to bed, reading them books, snuggling with them when they have a bad dream; and after a long day, when he's exhausted and annoyed, he walks in the door like he's had a full night's sleep (which never happens) happy and excited to see his kids and like he can't wait to start his exhausting night. 
I love watching their little faces light up when they see their dad.
It makes me fall in love with T just little bit more and it makes me proud of myself for picking such an amazing person to father my children.
It also makes me proud to have the same type of father, so I would know what to look for in a mate. 
I love you, Dad.
And I love you, T!
Happy Father's Day 2013!!

1 comment:

Pants said...

I LOVE that first picture. The looks on both boys' faces are so great!