Sunday, January 20

Regular-ness

Nothing in particular happened today.
Just the same old same old.
I made dinner.
John Wayne played with his blocks.
Richie watched JW run around and tried desperately to go somewhere.
And T distracted the kids while I took a shower. (Ususally, I get all kinds of interupptions while I'm in the shower from my children; that's why I take extra long on Sundays).
And yet, today was so enjoyable!
I've been trying to make new recipes as part of my New Year's Goals and today, I made a recipe that tastes exactly like my dad's Beef Stroganoff.  I was pretty proud/excited.
John Wayne made an enormous tower which he was quite proud of. Throughout the day, he kept saying, "Look Mommy!  Look Daddy!" He's been on that kick lately. 
Richie actually got his legs entirely under his body.  He has figured out crawl position.  The next step is moving, and he is not that far away from that.
And T got to spend Elder's Quorum alone, without any kids. Kind of like a mini vacation.
I know I've touched on this before, but isn't it amazing how the tiny details of life are what's worth living?
 
 


1 comment:

Pants said...

I love everyday living. I also love that Richie face.