Sunday, January 6

5 Months

 It is impossible for me to explain how much joy this child brings into our lives.
 He's obviously adorable.
 He's such a happy little guy.
He spends a lot of his day smiling at everyone.
 He's a super drooler.
I'm pretty sure this kid is teething, poor guy.
He tries to gnaw on anything he can get his hands on.
 He loves toys.  Whcn I watch him, it looks like he's trying to figure things out.
 He's rolling around everywhere now!  He even gets his knees under his body and starts rocking.
 He loves JW.  He loves to watch him, and if JW isn't around, he loves to just watch kids.
JW can't get too close to Richie because if he does, Richie will grab for him, and usually his fingernails are gnarly, and usually Richie goes for the eyes.
 I love cuddling this boy.  I love picking him up when he's upset.  I love holding him under his armpits and watching his little legs dangle.  I love putting him above me and watch his face slowly turn into a smile.  I love laying in bed with him and watch his little body move up and down as he breathes.  I love watching him watch JW with a mixture of joy, anticipation, and excitement.  I love waking up to his little baby language as he talks to himself as if to say, "Sleep as long as you want Mom, I'm just going to lay here and talk to myself until you decide to pay attention to me." I love putting him on the ground, checking on him 2 minutes later only to find him in a completely different spot.  I love watching him grab and grasp at things, get ahold of said thing, and then urgently jam it into his mouth.
This boy is my life.

2 comments:

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

You have just put into words something I have felt since having my 2nd child and didn't know how to express. You said it so beautifully. Wow. I love that my 2nd loves ME so much more than the 1st. My 1st is like yours, she loves her daddy and she loves me too but boy does she 'click' with him.

Pants said...

He IS obviously adorable!