Wednesday, August 15

Adjustments

I'm not gonna sugar coat things...
the past two weeks have been a rough transition.
I forgot how exhausting caring for a newborn is!
Things are also different this time around.
With John Wayne, T was working on weekends, so he was around most of the time to help tend him.
With Richie, T went right back to work and it was up to me to watch two kiddos.
Not only do I have two children expecting me to meet their needs, my own body has needs of its own (mostly rest, laying around, and taking it easy).
Not to say my children are making my life difficult.
On the contrary, these kids of mine are doing the best they can, given their ages, to make my life as easy as possible.
John Wayne has taken this new baby all in stride.
He's just a touch whiner than before, but there has been no aggression or animosity toward Richie or T and I.
He's still the same sweet, kind-hearted, loving, adorable little boy he's always been.
Baby Richie has been a wonderful baby so far (granted, it's only been two weeks). 
He spends his days sleeping, eating, and getting his diaper changed, and the only times he cries is when one (or more) of those needs are not being met. 
He's a tad clingier than I remember John Wayne being.
JW hated being swaddled and cuddled.
In fact, we had to give him some 'alone time' everyday or else he'd be mad at us.
Little Richie LOVES being held (and I love holding him).
All in all, I have great kids.
The lesson learned here: no matter how great my kids are, adding one more kid to our family will ALWAYS be rough in the beginning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a good Momma! Taking on two babies is an adjustment- BUT with time it will be cake.

Anonymous said...

Don't push it! I was in the same boat as you- Jared went right back to work and my family was all busy doing other things. I got really frustrated that everyone kept telling me to take it easy when, what was I supposed to do? Ignore my two babies? But when we took dallin to his newborn photo shoot, I must have overdone it because I ended up bleeding all over my photographer's floor and got rushed back to the hospital. Not fun. So don't be stupid like me and take it easy!! :)