Friday, July 27

A Note To My First Born

Dear John Wayne,
I feel like all I can do right now is apologize.
I'm sorry for being the mom that 'phones it in'.
I'm sorry I can't play trains with you.
I'm sorry I can't make you more decent meals.
I'm sorry I can't hold you when you want me to.
I'm sorry I can't cuddle you the way you want me to.
Some days, I feel like I don't deserve to be your mom because you are so caring and understanding of my needs.
If I accidentally fall asleep on the couch while you are quietly playing, you don't disturb me.
If I can't make you lunch right away because I have to find the energy/momentum to get off the couch, you patiently wait for me.
If I hold you for just a brief time, then tell you to get down, you do, willingly and without complaint.
Why are you such a good kid?
I'm grateful for the people in my life who pick up my slack.
I'm grateful you were my first, but a little nervous for this next one.
He has a lot to live up to.
Love,
Mom


No comments: