Thankfully, the day after Halloween became a winter wonderland.
I'm not exactly digging the wonderful-ness.
Last year, I FREAKED out when it started to snow.
(My excitement dimmed the next few months after that.)
This year, I'm just not ready.
1. It's too cold out.
2. The snow is cold in my work shoes.
3. I HATE having recess duty now; some kid is ALWAYS throwing snowballs in the snow-covered field and I have to go referee, which brings me back to number 2.
4. I lost control of the car. Again. Same experience. Same result.
5. I try to workout in the mornings, but looking out at that dark sky, white ground, and slick roads, I just want to go back to sleep.
6. Winter colds.
7. Stupid heating bills. (which are WAY more than air-conditioning bills in Phoenix, by the way)
I have been the biggest grouch lately (just ask T), and I was totally prepared to stick my head under the covers for the next 7 months (?!?!?!), until I witnessed this:
I may not enjoy it thrown at me, but I can certainly appreciate a child's first experience with playing in the snow, making/throwing snowballs, rolling around in the snow, and eating snow.
Maybe this won't be so bad...