Friday, November 18

Happy Birthday Lovebug!

 It's that time of year again... T gets to be the same age as me.  It sometimes sucks having a husband younger than you (8 months) because he can't relate to my annual birthday freak out.

"But you haven't turned (fill in the blank), you can't possibly understand what I'm going through." I say every year.  

In fact, he has no opinion of birthdays whatsoever.  I always ask him what he wants for his birthday, and he always replies, "I don't want anything."

This year I told him, "Sometimes it's not about the gift getter, but about the gift giver.  Can't you just humor me and act a little bit excited about your birthday, for me?"  After that, he did actually humor me.  We got him a nice gift and had a nice party with his family planned (pretty much thanks all in part to my sister-in-law, Jenny).  

Unfortunately, the weather had other plans.  Mere hours before the party (right when everyone was supposed to start driving to our little secluded town), a white-out begun.  The party was promptly canceled, and we were stuck. 

In the end, we did exactly what T wanted to do.  Nothing.  All.  Weekend.  Even our baby boy helped, with his waking us up in the middle of the night to cough until he puked; we didn't even go to church.  We never got out of our pajamas, and I'm pretty sure John Wayne never put on pants.  No showers.  No errands.  No nothing.  T decided to drive the 3 miles to buy himself a pie for his birthday, and that was that.  Even the gifts didn't come until Tuesday......
I think he couldn't have been happier.

No comments: