Tuesday, November 1

Halloween!

I couldn't help but notice I was more excited than my son was for him to experience Halloween this year.
I couldn't wait for him to get all dressed up in his little John Wayne outifit.
 For him to get ogled by all who saw him.
 
For him to have been practicing all week 'trick or treat' (or at least his version of it), only when the time came, would simply look up at people with his oh so beautiful eyes and stare as if he totally blanked on what he was supposed to say.

For him to look up at people, take the candy, put it in his bag, and say, so adorably 'E Too' (Thank you) (once he realized they were giving him candy, he was all too willing to say thank you.).

Halloween turned out to be everything I hoped it would.
Except for the fact that I knocked him over in parking lot, giving him a bloody lip right before the trunk-or-treat started, became kind of a royal pain near the end of the night due to a combination of too much sugar and not enough sleep, ate waaaayyy more candy than an almost two year old should and ended up waking us up at 3 AM to vomit everywhere.
I wasn't expecting perfection.  
Just memories,
and I gots those in spades.

1 comment:

Pants said...

Oh, man, I wish I could have seen this in person.