Wednesday, October 28

28 Weeks





I think it is safe to say I can't hide my pregnancy anymore! Physically, I think I'm doing ok. I do have a hard time sitting for long periods because my ribs start to hurt. During work meetings, they make us sit on these hard chairs for hours on end. As a result, I have to take a few walks around the school to make myself feel better. Sometimes, I wish I could just take a bed with me everywhere. This new thing has been happening recently with my right leg. After sitting for 15 minutes or longer, whether I'm in the car, at church, or where ever, once I get up, I get this weird numbing/tingling sensation in my right leg. It's only in my right leg. Why does it do that? Is the baby sitting on a nerve? Ah well, yet another bizarre pregnancy mystery yet to be solved...

Third trimester here I come! I went to the doctor the other day, and she told me I was measuring a little big, like 32 weeks. Eep! At the next appointment, we are getting another ultrasound. This time, to see if the baby is still measuring big. If he/she is, our doctor will move up the due date. Personally, I would like to have the baby before the new year because that way, I will have more time to spend with the baby than just the 6 weeks my work will allow. I know everybody says this, so I will be cliche, but the time has seriously flown by! This baby will be popping out of me before I know it!

The baby has been kicking up a storm lately, and the kicks have been hard. Sometimes, the kicks scare me because it feels like baby might fall out (I know, I'm irrational). It has become obvious he/she gotten bigger because they have now discovered my ribs. It doesn't hurt or tickle; it's just a strange sensation. It freaks me out because I think to myself, "The baby is big enough to do THAT?!"
I've been feeling good lately. For awhile there, I was pretty deflated. I'm not sure why, but I think it was because my mind was so focused on work, T was busy doing his own thing, and he nor I were working on any major goals. Recently, T and I sat down and set some goals as a couple, which, naturally stemmed into other personal goals for myself. With this new sense of purpose, I move ahead, a whole heck of a lot more happy, productive, and energetic. Yay for goals!

7 comments:

Chantel said...

Jackie, you look so dang cute!! I love you're little bump. I always measured big. Good in some ways cause you get more ultrasounds, but they were wrong everytime about my babies being large. Love technology :) And you're right that things are flying by. With the holidays here it will go even faster. You're little one will be here soon!!

Anonymous said...

You are looking good! And no its not cliche to say its flown by - its more cliche to say - This pregnancy is taking forever!! So - youare ahead of the game my friend. Can't wait to see pics of him/her!!

Trish said...

I get pains in my leg sometimes too. They're kind of like a charlie horse. I think it has to do with the baby's weight pressing on a nerve. I was also measuring ahead for a long time but now the growth spurt has stopped. But my midwives still think I'm going to deliver before my due date. We shall see!

Melissa said...

Look at you!!! You look absolutely beautiful. I'm glad to hear you're feeling well, for the most part anyway. I'm so excited to see what you guys will be blessed with! I'm thinking pink... do you have any inclination at all?

Unknown said...

I found your blog! You look great! I had a great time last night we really do need to do it more often!

Anonymous said...

wow you really ARE getting big! your sure prego! :) Adelyn loved my ribs- lucky you the baby hasn't started kicking them- maybe he/she never will! Glad your pregnancy is still going well!

Melissa said...

Look at that cute baby belly! :) I'm jealous that you're measuring big if it means that your baby will be born sooner. I'm measuring right on but would like this pregnancy thing to get over quickly because I'm not a fan of most of it. :)