Thursday, August 27

Weekends=Miracles



Oh, how I love my Saturdays! It means doing things I WANT to do versus what I NEED/HAVE to do during the week. On this particularly wonderful day, T and I headed to the local Goodwill to see what we could find. Boy, did we find some gems! I saw this crazy painting of an old lady I wanted to get, but T said no. T saw some 'gently used' golfing putters. Even after I reminded him (ever so sweetly) he doesn't golf or mini-golf, I still had to veto the purchase. There was one part of the store, neither of us could resist, however. You guessed it, the 99 cent VHS video bin!

We searched and searched, and pretty much bought all the 'classics' we could find. When I say 'classic', I'm using the broadest sense of the term; these movies are classics to me, anyway. We have not only bought enough movies to entertain us for hours on end, but we have also justified holding on to our T.V.-the-size-of-a-microwave-with-the-VHS-player-built-in for a LONG time...

1 comment:

Trish said...

That's fun! We got a bunch of VHS movies from Nick's parents before they went on their mission. We don't ever watch them though, its just annoying to have to FF through everything instead of just skipping it like on a DVD. I'm just becoming spoiled and lazy I guess, a product of technology.