Saturday, January 17

Embarrassment Flashback

I guess since T decided to write something embarrassing about his childhood, I figured I should follow suit. I've told this story to a couple of people, none of which, I think read this. So, I hope this is a story never heard before.
Back when I was much younger, I used to play softball. I actually played fast pitch softball for about seven years. I loved everything about it. I have very fond memories of my days playing. I also have many other embarrassing stories about my days playing as well, but that is for another time.
When you get to a certain age, there comes a moment in every child's life when you start sweating. As a result, you start smelling. When that time came for me, my mom ever so gently told me I needed to start wearing deodorant. I thought it was exciting; I was growing up! I think I was about 10 or 11. I started wearing deodorant to my softball games and practices because I got very sweaty/smelly there. I was diligent in doing so, and I have never looked back.
One day, I was putting on my deodorant, and I was thinking about how sweaty my face got while I was playing. Sometimes I didn't like it because the sweat would get in my eyes. So, I thought about this for a second. I decided the deodorant would help my face be less sweaty, since it helps my armpits be less sweaty. Just like that, I began putting deordorant all over my face and went to my softball practice. Now if you were ever thinking about doing this; I warn you, don't do it! It does not make your face less sweaty, it makes it more sweaty. Not only that, it make your face feel really hot, and it kind of makes you break out in a rash. That day, I learned my lesson; deodorant does NOT go on your face.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Ha Ha! I love that story! It made my day to read that!

allison said...

That is soo funny! I love it!

Trish said...

Ha ha, one of those funny adolescent moments!

Melissa said...

When I first discovered deodorant around that age I used to put it on my feet. If it works under your arms, why can't it work everywhere?

Melissa said...

I'm enjoying your embarrassing stories. :) How the heck are you guys, anyway?

Anonymous said...

hahaha, Jackie we are a pair. I did that when I played softball too! - Except I put it behind my knees...yuk. it probably would have worked ok but apparently I had the kind that wasn't transparent - you know go on white then it doesn't show any more - well after it dried it looked like sunscreen behind my knees. people made fun of me and called me sweaty knees for a few weeks. what kids think of! crazy.