Friday, January 9


One of T and mine New Year's resolutions was to read more books together. I got this idea from my parents, actually. When I was a kid, we used to go on loooong road trips to Utah. Most of my dad's family lived up there, and they used any excuse they could to go. Ever since I can remember, we would read books to pass the time on those long road trips. It was something special we could share together as family.
On our trip home from Utah a few weeks ago, we decided to pick up a book and read it together. We read The Reader, by Bernhard Schlink. We really enjoyed it. It was short, and a great book to get our hobby on its feet. It is full of passion, and has something really interesting to say about humanity. I think it is an interesting commentary on how our actions affect the rest of our lives. T felt the book notes how we are too proud to show our insecurities to others, and the pride we have can condemn us. It was a great read, and easy to follow. We suggest it!

No comments: