Sunday, December 7

You Know It's Christmas When...

It's officially that time of year again! Hello Christmas, it's nice to see you again...In Arizona, it's tricky to tell when the holiday season actually begins. The weather is no help. Sure, it gets cooler, but some years, it doesn't even get 'chilly' 'til the week before Christmas itself. Another gauge is of course, the influx of shoppers, but since we are a poor, newlywed couple, we rarely find ourselves in stores these days.
Fortunately, we found the lights at the Mesa Temple!

Sorry my pictures are so blurry, they don't really give it justice. If you are in the area, I highly suggest going. I've gone many times, since I'm from around here, but this was T's first time. I love all the scenes set up outside and the nativity scenes inside. It just makes Arizona feel a little bit more Christmas-y.

We actually have been twice so far. Once, we went during the week because we were bored and the other time we went with my cousin Chelsea and her husband. Notice in the first picture we are wearing our pajamas? Well, actually T is wearing my pajamas and I am wearing his. I'm not sure if this just us or the fact that we're married now and don't care; we have stopped caring what we wear in public when it's just us going out! I guess since we already see each other at our worst, it doesn't matter what we wear. Has anyone else experienced this? It was really fun hanging out with Chelsea. It is so nice to go out and do stuff with other married couples sometimes.

We also found another way to commemorate the holiday in a cheap way. We found some hot chocolate packets and some Christmas mugs my brother left, we decided to put them to good use.
Unfortunately, we found the hot chocolate to be very old and gross. Yuk! It sure is nice to do things that are free to celebrate holidays, I highly suggest it.





2 comments:

Trish said...

Wow those lights are pretty! We'll have to check out the San Antonio temple to see if they have lights up too!

Steven and Chelsea said...

we had fun too :) i love your mugs by the way!