Thursday, September 25

Blast from the Past

This last week, my friend from high school came to visit her family and as an added bonus, she came to see me! I was so happy, and it was so great to see her. She moved down to Atlanta right after graduating from college in Illinois about 1 1/2 years ago. Man, it has been a long time. Anyway, I hadn't seen her since before I left for the mission field so I was ready for a visit.
It was so fun to see her! We just picked up where we left off, it was like no time had past. She got to meet T, which was fun and weird at the same time. Have any of you had friends that when you were around them you were the weirdest version of yourself? Well, that's how it was with Sara and I. We were just the weirdest people, but we had so much fun together! When I saw her last week, I just reverted back to the way we were when we were inseperable. Anyway, it was kind of strange introducing T to Sara because then he saw how even more odd I was before he met me. It was a blast nonetheless!


Sara's actually headed to Burkina Faso (it's a teeny tiny country in Africa). She's working through the Peace Corps. She will be gone for 2 1/2 years and she has been told that she may not have running water or electricity where she is going. I really admire her strength because I'm not sure I could do that, but she did tell me all about the Peace Corps and how awesome it is! She has lit some sort of fire under my butt because now I can't stop talking about it to T! I promised T I would stop but only for awhile, but I really can't make any promises. If anyone has heard anything about the Peace Corps, than I would LOVE to hear it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is awesome that she's going! I've thought about it... granted I've thought about many things, but I would really, really, REALLY like to do that. Do you think Carter is too young? I vow here and now that when I finish medical school, I am going to spend a few months (at the least) in Africa. You're my witness. I hope things are going well for you.