Sunday, October 5

The glad game

First off, I have been waiting for this week for a LONG time. It is fall break for my school! Yay! I'm so excited! Student teaching is pretty stressful, and I'm ready for a little rest and relaxation. Hopefully, T and I will get to have some fun together, too! T and I just watched Pollyanna, and if anyone has seen it, she plays a game called, 'The Glad Game'. It is where you talk about things that make you glad. So here are the things that made me glad this week.
One: they put t.v.'s on every piece of cardio equipment at the gym on ASU campus! I went in there on Saturday, and was amazed, and super excited. I got to watch conference while I sweated myself nearly to death. That's what I get for not going in there until now to workout. Hopefully, this will motivate me to exercise more.

Two: the wii fit. It anyone has had the glorious opportunity to play this wonderful game, than you know what I'm talking about. Why did they not invent this sooner? Thank you Nintendo people, you are not only entertaining me, but helping me get healthy all at the same time. What will they come up with next? My parents have it, and basically we find any excuse to go over there so we can play it. I can play the thing for hours, have tons of video game playing fun and all the while, get a good workout. It is literally amazing.

Three: the new ping pong table. My parents just recently bought a pool table, which is another reason why we find any excuse to go over there. Now, they've bought a ping pong table top to put on top of the pool table, so now we can also play ping pong. I really enjoy it! I don't really play competitively, but it sure is fun to play 'round the world ping pong (also another way to burn some calories). I guess since there is only one kid at home, they get to spend their money on things they couldn't get while we were in the house. My only problem is: why does Preston get to enjoy all of these goodies? It kind of isn't fair! Ah well! The little joys in life...

2 comments:

Grammy Suzzy said...

Jackie, you sound so much like my big kids...but, you know, you had perks...when something was misplaced, etc. you had three other siblings to blame...Preston is the only guy there, and, thus, the only one to blame! Oh, the challenges of being an only child at home!

Trish said...

We played Wii fit yesterday at my friends house! It was so much fun! And I know what you mean about the TVs on cardio equipment! It is great! The gym I just got a membership at actually has these bikes with trails on the screen as you bike and you have to steer the bike too! I did that today, it was fun!