Thursday, July 10

Caving and Panic

This week, we had quite an experience. I had the day off, and T was around so we decided we wanted to go to the Hill Air Museum in Ogden. We met up with one of our friends, and we were on our way. Unfortunately, we found that the museum closes at 4:30 PM! What kind of place does that? So our friend said that her uncle lived really close and we might be able to go horse back riding. We went over there and met one of her cousins. Him, his wife, brother and a date were all going caving. They invited us to come along.

After T and I agreed, I asked him what it would be like. I told him that I was a little claustropobic and I hoped that there wouldn't be too many enclosed spaces. We had to hike up a pretty steep incline to get to the opening of the cave. This, among other experiences, made me realize just how out of shape I am.

We get to the cave, and pretty much the only thing that exists in this cave is enclosed spaces. It is also pitch black inside. There was a point where I wasn't having too much fun. It was pretty hard because you have to manuever your body to fit. There were times where I was on my back sliding or I had to move head first down a rock hole. I got pretty bruised up because the rocks are so hard. I have bruises where I haven't had bruises before, like on my shoulder blades.

In the end, it pretty much scared the crap out of me, but I was glad I did it. T keeps asking me to do it again, I think it's going to take some time for me to work up enough courage. Sorry I don't have any pictures for this one!

No comments: