Saturday, September 14

Catching Up

I've been a little AWOL lately...
August was crazy, and I'm thinking September might just be the same.
We didn't really do a whole lot except me go back to summer school, start working on my National Boards, me start school and JW start preschool. 
Let me rephrase that then: August was crazy for ME.
And THAT is why is blog has been neglected.

 
Thankfully, with my school schedule, everyone has been going to bed earlier and waking up earlier.
Except for last night (Friday), when I was asleep waay before JW. 
So, at 8 o'clock in the morning, T and JW are still snoozing away.
I just heard Richie talking to himself in his crib, so I went to go get him and he was just lying there speaking him gibberish. 

He looked at me and smiled, a usual thing for him to do.
He always makes my mornings better with his wonderful attitude.
I'm thinking once JW wakes up, he'll be the same way.
Whenever he wakes up on his terms, he's always happy, and I just love his cute little personality.
Yesterday, I was supposed to go to work and get the week ready, but our babysitter fell through.
This was actually a blessing in disguise because it gave me some time to hang with my kids, clean my house a little bit, and actually relax. 
I don't think I've relaxed since school has started.
I'll move on.
JW started preschool.

It's not a big difference for him considering he's been going to that daycare since he was 18 months old, and now he's just in a different room, but it's a big deal to me.
It's symbolic of how big and tall and smart and boyish he's getting.
Although, as tough as it is to see him become more and more independent and be witness to his almost 4 year old temper tantrums, I sure do love watching him change and evolve. 
Richie has started walking all the time.
It's weird the way that happens.
One day, he's just crawling everywhere and the next he's decided he's going to walk and now he's walking everywhere.
He's getting pretty good, too.
He doesn't fall down nearly as much.
Now, both kids are awake, and JW is not in as good of a mood as I'd hoped, and T went to play flag football with some buddies.
My reflection time is over...

No comments: