Tuesday, April 9

Easter '13

It seems my work schedule allows for our Spring Break to fall on Easter weekend every year, which I appreciate and enjoy.
It also seems to be the start of a tradition; I go down to Phoenix with the kids and enjoy the desert weather while I spent Easter with my family. At least, that's what we did last year.
There were other reasons to go down this time:  my brother leaves on his mission (Czech/Slovak misison, ya'll) in May and we wanted to spend some time with him before he left.
Like I've said, JW LOVES his grandparents.  He also loves Preston.
Which would explain his crying fit not only on the flight/drive home, but also his emotional behavior the remainder of the following week.
I love Phoenix (especially now that I don't have to endure the summers).
It reminds me of my childhood, and I think Phoenix is a great place to grow up. 
JW liked it, too.
Especially since this would have been one of the first times he got to play outside in the past six months without a snowsuit.
In fact, it might have been a little too hot for him.
We went to the park, he got the reddest cheeks and afterwards in the car, begged us for water (not common).
My mom bought these cute kids matching outfits.  I wish I had been putting them in matching outfits since Richie was born. 


JW got to find his Easter basket.
And he got to dye Easter eggs. 
(Well, he spent about 3 minutes dying them, and left the remaing 2+ dozen for my mom and me to dye.)
Richie got held a lot (which was his ideal vacation).
For Easter sunday, we slapped on some matching clothes for the boys and took some pictures of my cuties.  My mom helped at getting them not only to both look at the camera at the same time but to smile, too!

JW went Easter egg hunting after church.
Richie got some cuddle time with various relatives.

I thought this was so cute!  My dad was watching the kids while I went to the store one day.  Richie was acting tired, so my dad picked him up.  He was being super squirmy and then my dad started humming.  He stopped squirming.  Everytime my dad started humming, Richie stopped to feel it.  It must have been really relaxing because he eventually fell asleep! 

My boys love their grandma! 
We had such a good time visiting!  It was really hard to say goodbye.  Fortunately, we'll get to see them again Memorial Day weekend when they drop Preston. 
We're counting down the days!


1 comment:

Pants said...

I love the matching outfits, too. And I love the humming story. Your boys are the best!