Monday, September 17

The Balancing Act of Life

 Tonight, T made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. 
Richie slept an exceptionally long time making me worry I might not get as much sleep as I would like tonight. 
John Wayne watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and quoted as much of the movie as he could (for a two year old, he's dang good!). 
T and I had a fight about the spider living in our backyard (I say we should kill it, T wants it alive).
  I laid down with Richie and smelled his intoxicating baby scent, danced along to a counting song with John Wayne, and scolded T for sitting on the couch with his greasy pants.
I love my life.
Sure, there are things that suck, but I honestly love my life.
No matter how crazy my hormones make me, no matter how tiring my nights are, no matter how strongly I feel like my body is not my own, no matter how much I HATE taking my kids to daycare, and no matter how alone I want to be sometimes; at this stage of my life, this is exactly where I want to be and exactly what I want to be doing. 
That's a pretty good feeling.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are just great!

Pants said...

I love these blog posts!