Monday, June 25

My 2 1/2 Year Old Boy

Summer solstice marks my son's 2 1/2 year mark.
I can't believe I have a child this wonderful.
Sure, he whines way more than I would like him to.
He does fight me on the simplest tasks.
He makes lots of messes, and spills,
and sometimes he throws these fits where he acts like he is out of his mind.
BUT
He is so sweet to both me and T.
The other day, for no reason, he came up to me and said, "I need to kiss the baby." 
He's plays quietly and sings to himself.
Currently, he loves to sing a bunch of Thomas the Train Songs, I am a Child of God, an eighties song called, "Two of Hearts", "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People, I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, I'm a Little Teapot, a bunch of songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas movies, and I'm sure there's more I can recall right now.
He has an eccentric taste in movies for a two year old.
(right now: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Mary Poppins, Zoolander, and The Nightmare Before Christmas)
He repeats things to his trains we've said to him countless times.
(I've heard, "You need to say please." and "I gonna get him!")
He eats like a maniac.
I'm still fairly convinced we don't feed him enough.
He listens to us (for the most part), and remembers (for the most part).
Rarely do I have to tell him more than three times to do or not do something.
The more I get to know this kid, the more I am in awe with how great a kid I have.
I'm looking forward to getting to know him even as the years go on.



No comments: