Thursday, May 3

Lonely Wedding

Last week, I got to attend a wedding of a dear/old friend of mine.
(How long do you need to be friends with someone before you can call them 'old friends'?)
Michelle was a mission companion, I would venture to say my favorite companion.
We were together for a long time (as far as companions go), and we got to know each other real well.
We laughed and we cried together.
I learned a lot from her.
(Missions are big on learning experiences.)
She helped me understand the little moments (like eating cookie dough out of brandy glasses or dancing in deserted apartment complexes) make your world go 'round.
After going to life-changing type functions of friends, I can't help but spend days reflecting on my own life and the crazy twists and turns which has led me to where I am and how much time has gone by.
I am 28 years old.
I will be a mother of two very soon.
I live in Wyoming, where I will finish up my second full year teaching and
I have been a married woman for about 4 1/2 years (what the?!).
Whoa.
If Present-Me went back in time to tell Missionary-Me what my life was like, I'm not sure Missionary-Me would believe Present-Me. 
To get back on topic, John Wayne and I had a fun time.
T wasn't there, so I mostly spent my time keeping John Wayne away from the wedding cake and feeding him nothing but other delicious treats.




1 comment:

KS said...

I am so glad you were able to go! I wanted to be there but wasn't able to make it. And it seems like it was yesterday that you were posting about your wedding! Your family looks so awesome, I love reading your updates :)