Friday, July 29

I'm Not Going to Go Into Details...

Two of the most horrifying moments of my life occurred yesterday. 
Horrifying moment #1: (After rolling several times in my jeep on a highway county road), turning around to check on your child only to find the jeep completely empty.
Horrifying moment #2: (After finding your child across the road on the shoulder, still strapped into their car seat, holding him, letting him bleed all over), the look my 17 year old brother gives me: sheer terror and shock all rolled into one.

Those two moments I will never forget in entire life.

Three of the biggest miracles occurred yesterday too.
Miracle #1: I walked away with a few bruises and scrapes.
Miracle #2: My baby brother walked away with a broken nose.
Miracle #3: After being life flighted to Salt Lake for precautionary measures, John Wayne walked away with a few scratches on his head, a scrape on his left eye, and a grape-sized bruise on his lower back.  
No internal damage, no broken bones.
Words cannot describe my gratitude.
Words cannot describe my relief.
Words cannot describe the feelings I'm feeling right now.
It's almost like I'm experiencing so many different ones at the moment, I cannot begin to deal with just one.
All I know is there's someone out there watching over me.
Hug your loved ones. 

10 comments:

Tasha said...

holy crapola! I am SO glad everyone is ok. That is so so so so so scary. Miracles times a BAJILLION!!!!!

allison said...

Oh my goodness! Was this in Lyman? I'm so glad you are all ok! That is such a miracle, and I seriously would never wish those feelings you had to feel on my very worst enemy. How awful. Hugs.

Unknown said...

So glad everyone ended up being ok! I am so sorry you went through that! How scary! Thinking about you guys!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
That is so so so scary-I am glad everyone is okay!

Grammy Suzzy said...

Oh, my goodness! So very sorry you had such an awful experience, but so very thankful that ALL is well! Question: does your mom know??? I know she is far, far away... You ALL are in our prayers! Tell Preston we're thinking about him!

Melissa said...

OH! I totally started crying seeing that picture of him. I'm so thankful you're all ok.

Keeping up with the Burtons said...

Oh my gosh- I don't even know what to say except that there were definitely a few angels around! I am so glad you guys are all ok.

Summer said...

Wow! So glad you guys are ok. I can't even imagine going through all that!

Chantel said...

Holy Cow. That is so scary. I am so glad everything ended up ok. Glad Preston is ok too!!

MP Flory said...

My sister Tiffany Pierce Downey told me about your blog so I added it to my list at mcdflory.blogspot.com. I'm so glad everything turned out all right from the car accident! Michelle Flory