Sunday, December 27

So Long, Fair Well



On Christmas Eve, we were released from the hospital. We were there for four days. It was bittersweet for all of us. Of course, we wanted to leave. It was a hospital, and it was Christmas Eve. We wanted to go home and spend time together as a family for Christmas.

In a way, we didn't want to go. The hospital had taken such good care of both me and our little Jack. All three of us got to stay in the same room. They had a little basinet for baby Jack, and even brought in a bed for T. We had lot of choices for food, which I thought it was pretty good considering we were in a hospital. Plus, the staff was prompt with their services. They were always on time with my pain meds, and jumped at the chance to help in any way. Even if that meant changing a diaper (or two) when T wasn't around, helping me to the bathroom, or answering questions (there were lots). They even had a lactation consultant on hand to help with Jack's feedings, which made my life soo much easier. I can honestly say I am so grateful to that woman. Thanks Chris!

I felt like we were on some sort of vacation. I mostly laid in bed all day (due to LARGE amounts of pain) while people waited on us. We were sort of detached from our lives. All we had to do was focus on me getting better and making sure Jack was getting stronger.

Leaving the hospital meant dealing with our daily lives AND a baby! Scary! I hope we're ready.

4 comments:

Chantel said...

You look so good for so close to delivering!! I can't wait to see all the pictures you have of Jack. Its so fun having a kid to brag about and share pictures of. Congratulations once again!!

Domanique said...

now that you are officially home I hope to hear calls. I am willing tl help whenever you needed it.

Trish said...

Well that is surely something to be thankful for! Sounds like they were taking good care of you. I hope you have a good recovery that doesn't take too long. I know its supposed to be longer with c-sections but all the best to ya!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to know you're all home and safe. Good luck you guys! You have so much fun and so much learning ahead of you. I hope you get feeling better soon, Jackie. He is so adorable. I'm looking forward to pictures and hearing about your experiences. Best wishes.