Wednesday, December 9

36 Weeks

Here I am, 8 months pregnant!



You know those events in your life so exciting, nerve racking, scary, and worrisome, you anticipate/dread them? One in particular, as is probably many others as well was my wedding day. I remember being engaged and thinking, "Ugh, this engagement is going to take FOREVER!" Looking back, two years later, that time obviously has flown by!

I would liken my engagement to this pregnancy in that regard. At first, I was thinking, "Ugh, this pregnancy is going to take FOREVER!" Now, thinking back, the time has gone by so quickly, and I'm amazed/shocked at how soon this baby will be here.

People are really starting to put on the heat with the gender issue. I'm getting all kinds of conflicting wisdom, which is confusing me even more. People keep telling me things like:

"You're carrying the baby out in front, that means it's a boy."
"You're carrying the baby high, that means it's a girl."
"You're getting a lot of heartburn, that means it's a boy."
"You're hair isn't growing faster than usual, and your complexion is clear, you're having a girl."
And many many many more

It's fun to hear the folklore, but it's more confusing me than anything else. For the longest time, I felt pretty confident the baby was going to be a girl. One day, I asked T what he thought the gender was, and he told me he thought it was a boy. After that, I started rethinking, and now, I'm more confused than ever! I've stopped giving myself a headache. I'm now settled on the notion, 'as long as it's healthy, I don't care what it is.'

I think I feel like the baby has dropped a little bit because I'm experiencing more pressure than ever in my lower abdomen. I'm not sure if it looks like I've dropped, and I'm not sure if I ever will, due to all the extra fluid. I know it is/will be more uncomfortable while being pregnant with the amount of fluid I'm carrying around. I'm hoping after the baby is born it will be easier to drop the weight, since a lot of my weight has been the fluid!

We're getting lots and lots of ultrasounds lately, due to the extra attention to monitor the baby. This last week, the tech said the baby is now 6 pounds! Holy Cow! She also said we have a VERY hairy baby; the hair is down around its ears!

This next week is going to be CRAZY at work. It's the last week before Christmas Break (I consider myself to be so lucky we get three weeks off instead of the typical two). My due date has been moved up, so there's a 98% chance I'm not going to be coming back in January. I'm just going to start my maternity leave right at the beginning of the quarter, so in a way, I start my maternity leave next week! This means, not only do I have to do all of my end of the quarter stuff by this week, I need to get things ready for the long-term sub coming after the break. I keep repeating in my head, 'Get through this week. Get through this week.'

I'm excited for the break, and I'm excited for my Christmas present! T says the baby will be born the day after Christmas. That would be nice, since relatives will still be in town and whatnot, but honestly who knows? We shall see...

It seems like the holiday season is and will always be extra special for T and I. Christmas makes for obviously an exciting time, we were married December 29th, and this baby will most likely be born sometime around the new year. Talk about celebrations!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I used to get all that stuff too. Of course mine fit the profile- boy, carrying out in front. But my sis Steph always carries her babies out in front and they weren't all boys! Also my VT comp was not carrying out in front and she had a boy. It seems like I saw a tv special where this myth was debunked and they said how you are carrying is more a result of your own body, and the baby's positioning inside of you. Makes a lot more sense to me!

Melissa said...

You look FANTASTIC!!! I'm so glad to read your updates. I think of you guys often, and I'm getting SO excited to see a post saying that the baby has made its appearance. Good luck and best wishes!

Mikey & Melissa said...

Hey Jackie,
I'm so glad you found me! congrats, I had no idea you are pregnant which is funny since you're so close to having the baby. you look great!