Sunday, November 15

What a BIG baby!

During the last ultrasound, the baby was measuring a little big. Our doctor decided we should get another ultrasound during my third trimester. This week, we had it. The baby is just getting bigger and bigger! The ultrasound tech person had a hard time trying to get good pictures because the baby kept moving around. This doesn't surprise me, for I can feel the baby kicking a lot now. We could see the litte face and lips. She said our baby had big lips! This doesn't surprise us either, since both T and I have somewhat sizeable lips. She took a picture of him/her for us, and once we got a closer look, we decided it seems like the baby got T's lips. She also told us our baby has hair! I wonder how much hair a baby needs to have for it to show up on an ultrasound... A lot? Only little patches? The other question I have is since this baby is going to come out with hair, will it be light or dark?

Upon meeting with the doctor, she informed us we weren't in danger of having a small baby, since he/she is already measuring 4 lbs! According to this ultrasound, the baby is measuring the due date to be the day after Christmas! In this late of the pregnancy, however, it is difficult to be as accurate as before. There is, in fact a three week margin of error. So, the doctor only moved the due date to January the 3rd. That now makes me 33 weeks! It's weird skipping weeks... I guess this means I probably won't be going back to work after Christmas. I have mixed emotions about this, but the baby's the boss!



Can you see the lips?

3 comments:

Megan Rice said...

So cute! I wish I could see my babies' faces. They are too squashed in there, I have no idea what they look like. Occasionally I can make out a profile, but poor little guys are pretty cramped. I am so excited for you!!

Chantel said...

Wowwy!! I am excited for you. I envy the jumping weeks deal!! What a great Christmas gift right? I can't wait to see pics of your little one.

SamanthaF said...

It looks like the baby is doing a gangster pose. Do you see it or am I ink-blotting?