Sunday, August 30

Miracles Do Happen!

It's not like I'm complaining...We've been borrowing this TV from my parents since we've been married. It was great in the camper because it was so small, and we just couldn't fit anything else in there. Now, we have the space, but we don't care about how teeny it is. I'm not sure this picture does much justice. Let's just say it's the size of a microwave.



Last Sunday, our Sunday school presidency came by to say hello, introduce themselves, and give us some good pointers. One of these sweet men, out of the blue, said, "I don't know why I'm saying this, but I tend to get a lot free stuff and I think I might be getting a TV soon. Would you like to have it, for free?"
T and I basically looked and each other, and gaped at him. Of course we would love to have it! Fast forward to Friday afternoon. We had both forgotten about his generous offer, and going about our typical Friday afternoon. T, all of a sudden, gets a phone call. It's this wonderful man! He told T he's going to come by our apartment with this new TV!



We were so excited! (Notice how we're watching football, ah, is it that time again?) We didn't think a TVs picture could look so clear, and big! It's like a whole new experience! Now, it's time to celebrate with a nice movie from our local red box, and really enjoy our gift in style. Thank you mister second counselor!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I love that! That is kind of what happened to us when we first got married, we had a sofa, several pieces of bedroom furniture, a huge TV, a recliner, and a nice L shaped desk donated to us all free of charge! Now I am wanting to upgrade some of it, but not sure if it is the best move financially. One thing at a time, I guess.