Thursday, August 13

Baby's First Ultrasound



This week, T and I were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of our baby! It was our first ultrasound, so it was pretty exciting for us. I'm sure all the other ultrasounds will be as equally exciting, it's just our first one. It was so cute to see our little one moving around in there.

While watching the baby wiggle around, I kept thinking, "And this is comfortable for him/her?" It must I guess, I mean it wouldn't be very fair for us to spend the first months of our lives with a leg cramp, right? The ultrasound tech gave us a DVD of the whole thing, and I can't help watching it all the time. It's just weird to think there's someone practically walking around inside of me!

The doctor told us he/she is healthy (so far). The baby actually is measuring big. Which means we are farther along than what we originally thought. So, instead of being 18 weeks, I'm closer to 20. I worry about the 'big' thing because if I'm anything like my mom, I'm going to have HUGE babies! Preston was 10 lbs. 11 ounces! With the way things are going so far, I'm going to be as big as a house... I already told my class; it's not polite to tell a pregnant lady she looks big. Just always tell her she looks tiny, no matter what. Hopefully, they keep up with it!

I keep referring to the baby as he/she, because T and I were strong! We did not find out what we are having, and will not find out until he/she is born. Throughout the rest of this pregnancy, I might switch around the pronoun, just to make things interesting.

All in all, things have been pretty good, pregnancy-wise. I am most certainly past the first trimester sickness blues, and I feel like I have more energy than I've had in awhile. Plus, I think I'm starting to feel the baby kick. It is very strange, and I hope within the next couple of weeks, T will be able to feel it too!

3 comments:

Trish said...

That is always fun! Of course the most accurate sonogram (for due date) is the one done around 8 weeks because babies having varying growth spurts after that. My midwife said I measured to be a week or two ahead of time the other day but its just growth spurt time so don't get too excited. Anyway, happy baby bearing!

Melissa said...

Even if he can't quite feel the baby moving yet, you might be able to see it. Lay flat on your back and put a book/TV remote on your tummy. You'll be surprised how much movement you can see that even you can't feel. How exciting for you guys! There are so many sweet, tender moments that occur during pregnancy. Congratulations again. I'm so happy for you guys! (I can't believe you guys held out and didn't find out what the baby's sex is! You're strong people!) I'm so happy to know everything is good with your baby. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Wow i can't believe you guys arent' going to find out the gender! That would kill me...but I'm a very impatient person, so maybe its just me. That's neat you got a video! We didn't get one so i'm sure its really neat to watch all the time!