Monday, June 29

Some News...

Well, I guess now's the best time as any...

T and I are having a baby!

We were very excited and surprised when we found out. Not that we weren't trying, we just didn't think it would happen so fast!

We found out the day after Mother's Day (ironic?) and now I am about 12 weeks along. The projected due date is January 12th.

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat today at the doctor. I don't know why, but before today I didn't necessarily believe there was actually something in there. Sure the morning sickness, headaches, and constant crankiness tipped me off, but after today things seem a lot more real to me.

Our doctor said it usually takes awhile to find the heartbeat in there; we heard it right away so she said our baby was 'very polite'. She also said once you hear the heartbeat, there is less than a 1% chance of anything bad happening. As a result, we are announcing it!

Here is us at 12 weeks. I'm happier than I look, I promise.



T didn't want to be left out.



T also got his first Father's Day card! On our trip up north, we decided to tell T's family. By Father's Day, everyone knew. T, T's brother (John) his wife (Jenny), little boy (Linkon) and I were all staying at T's parent's house that day. Jenny must have rummaged through T's mom card stash and found this card.



It's actually a missionary card but in my opinion, it makes it funnier that way. This is what was written on the inside.




Thanks for the laugh and for thinking of us, Jenny!

We think we've also decided to NOT find out the sex. It will be more fun to be surprised!

11 comments:

Chantel said...

NO WAY!! That is so exciting!!!! Congrats!!! its so fun being a parent and being pregnant. Keep up with the pictures. I regret not doing them more, despite what you think you look like!!! And I totally can relate to the feelings that its not 'real' till you hear the heartbeat. It just makes it more real that way, same with the ultrasound. So exciting!!! Just makes me so happy for you. Keep everyone updated.

Chantel said...

Oh and the surprise factor makes it so much more fun. People will give you a hard time, but hold your ground. You don't need to know!! What a better surprise is there.

Steven and Chelsea said...

CONGRATS!! You look great...and so does T ;)
I think it's neat that you're going to make it a mystery about the gender! WAHOO!!

Trish said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! If you don't have baby dreams, then you won't have to worry about being tipped off on the gender. But Nick and I kept having baby boy dreams so it only made sense to us. But anyway, at the 20 week ultrasound you might not want to look because it might be obvious what the gender is.

Melissa said...

We're going to be having babies at about the same time!!! Isn't hearing the heartbeat the most amazing thing?! I wasn't expecting how strong it would be. We decided to announce ours too after the doctor told us the same thing about there's only a 1% chance of miscarriage after you hear the heartbeat. I'm so excited for you guys! How have you been feeling? Hopefully not as crappy as me. :)

Megan Rice said...

Chuckie! I am so excited for you! I tried to text you last night (and on friday and on saturday) but nobody is getting my texts. dumb phone! AHHH a baby! Our babies will be buddies! yay for us!

allison said...

oh yay, congratulations you guys! that is great news!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! I was just wondering the other day when you guys would have your first, too funny. It is so much more real when you see the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat. I hardly believed the pregnancy test until that point too. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! Good luck keeping up with the tummy photos! I have started out doing that both times....but somewhere along the way I forget. I think that is awesome that you are going to wait to find out. I wanted to do that this time too - but Bri really wanted to know if it was a boy. So - next time we won't find out. Congrats! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

KS said...

YEAH...Hard to believe that T is going to be a Dad! (And you a Mom for that matter!) I am so happy for y'all! Best wishes!!! And I like the fact that your waiting to tell what your baby is going to be :)