Friday, May 29

School's Out for the Summer!

School is officially over with! I can't find the word right now to describe how I'm feeling, so I'm just going to go with deliriously happy. The kids have mentally been on summer vacation for about 2-3 weeks now. This makes any kind of learning practically impossible which means us teachers are reduced to being glorified baby sitters. It's not a fun gig. Yesterday was the last day for the kiddos, and today was the last day for us. We went to this great Mexican place Garcia's, and then went on over to the school to pick up our last paychecks. My school gives you two big checks instead of paying you throughout the summer. I felt rich, but I hear the money gets spent faster over the summer...



T and I aren't sure what exactly we're going to be doing this summer. We're definitely going to Utah at least once, and after that, who knows? All I know is, if I'm staying in Phoenix, it WILL be indoors...

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is awesome! Enjoy your summer!

Trish said...

Yay for summer! I guess my subbing career is temporarily on hold. If you are in Utah during the last half of June, then you should come to one of my baby showers! My mom is throwing one on the 26th and my sister in law is throwing one a week before that in Sandy. Anyway, have fun with those paychecks!

Pants said...

My vote is for a trip to North Cackalacky.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love when school is out...its the best feeling in the world!