Tuesday, April 28

Weekend Hi-jinx!

The heat is slowly (and sometimes not so slowly) creeping upon us. I am dreading it; I haven't lived in Phoenix for an entire summer since the summer of my Senior year of high school (7 years?!). Hopefully, we'll be able to go on some fun adventures to distract us from Hell's Kitchen. This weekend, we decided to go up to Sedona and camp out. We also went over to Red Rock State Park and went out there, it was really beautiful! Here are some pictures from our mini-adventure.

My kids at school are REALLY into Hot Cheetos. I have yet to meet a kid who doesn't like them. One kid brought them in one day and made me try them, they were spicy at first, but now I'm hooked too!



Our tent (we stole it from my parents).



I don't know why, but I have been craving tin foil dinners for months now. Pretty much the main reason why I wanted to go camping was for them! We tried them with pork, which I never done and it was amazing!



We forgot silverware (who forgets that?!), so I had to rummage through the car to find a plastic Wendy's knife, and spoon among some wrenches on the floor (hey, beggars can't be choosers!) Plus, it worked.



It was a great time!

3 comments:

Steven and Chelsea said...

fun!! you guys should have invited us, we totally would have come!! i've been craving tin foil dinners for months too!! ever since steven got called to scouts!

Pants said...

rummaged around on the car floor for utensils? sounds like you really are an Isom.

Anonymous said...

Hahah I forgot a flashlight camping once...this was before I had a cell phone. Yeah, wasnt' a very enjoyable camping trip. I love Sedona! Glad you had fun!