Wednesday, April 22

P90X



We (by we, I mean T) have been talking about this for awhile now, but just never could work up the courage to buy it until now. If you watch Saturday infomercials like us then you know of the P90X program already, but if you have a life, I will explain.

P90X is a series of at-home fitness DVDs designed to get you into some serious shape. It's a 90 day program (you can start all over again after the 90 days, if you would like), encompassing various workouts. Everyday you do a different tape, and everyday you are working out a different part of your body. The workouts focus mainly on the idea of 'muscle confusion', where you're not giving your body a chance to get used to the workouts. That's why you do a different exercise everyday.

We started on Sunday, so we're just at the start of the 90 days. The dude in charge encourages participants to take before and after pictures, so that's what we did. I'm going to spare you those pictures for the time being, maybe I might share after the 90 days, we'll see.

These workouts are extreme! I am so sore; my shoulders and abs are still sore from Sunday's exercise, my legs are still sore from Monday's exercise, and my biceps are sore from Tuesday's exercise, so I am sore pretty much everywhere. During one of the tapes, I felt like I was going to throw up!

The head guy encourages you to do your best, so I just need to remember to keep improving, and not focusing on how much I suck compared to the people on the video (which at times, is hard). Today, we are doing the yoga DVD which sounds fun to me. I know it is going to kick my butt, but I'm ready. Think of the street cred I'll have after I finish this thing!

T and I are doing it together. There are upsides and downsides to this arrangement. The upside, we can encourage and lean on each other for support. If I want to quit, T will cheer me on and vice versa. The downside: I get frustrated sometimes because he is sooo much stronger than me! It's hard to keep up(I understand he's a boy, and a strong boy at that, but I'm just a competitive person and I can't help it).

Another downside: the boy sweats like you would not believe! One of my comps served around T, and would play basketball with him. She said she had never met a person who sweat more than Elder Isom. She told me when she would pat his back during the game, it would be like patting a puddle. I never had experienced this sweating problem before, and until now, I thought she was merely exaggerating. She was right! I'm sorry I doubted you, Kendra! Anyway, it is gross! He sweats so bad, when the exercises require him to jump up and down, the sweat gets on me. When he sits on our one folding chair for some of the exercises, which we have to share, the chair get all sweaty and gross. I really dislike using the chair after him.

All in all, I'm ready for the challenge. Bring it on, P90X!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha good for you guys! Good luck, I am sure that is very exhausting!

Trish said...

Good luck! I hope you get great results! I remember when I used to go swing dancing, there were a couple guys who would sweat so much and then sweat would fling onto me sometimes when we were spinning. So gross!

Alisa said...

Hey! I live near Power in between Ray and Recker. Where do you live?

Alisa said...

Yeah that would be fun! I'm available anytime on Thursday and Friday. Aren't McClintock and Hayden the same streets? Ha!