Monday, February 16

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend!

I know my kids had a great Valentine's Day because they got a four-day weekend to celebrate V-day! OK, getting Friday off for them wasn't because of Valentine's; it was due to a Staff Development Day the staff had to go to in order to learn to be better teachers.
I thought it would be unfortunate for me, however I was pleasantly surprised! I learned some very important stuff about the writing process and the 6 trait writing rubric (unless you're a teacher or aspiring to be one, I wouldn't ask, T did and now he is very sorry...). I really enjoy writing; I find it to be fun as well as an excellent way to express myself. So, in going to this workshop, I not only had the opportunity to learn about how to help my students in their writing, but also in my own.
This weekend was wonderful! On Friday, we went to a fabulous party at my cousin's house. Thanks again, Chelsea and Steven. On Saturday, T gave me these beautiful flowers, and a sweet little cake to share.

I wrote T this poem, thanks to my writing workshop.
How to be T Isom
by: Jackie Isom
Sing when you're by yourself.
Always make your wife food, even when you're fast asleep.
Be able to grow a massive beard, but choose not to.
Go shopping with your wife just because you want to spend time with her.
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Calm your wife down when she does.
Hog the bed.
Do the dishes every time!
Have beautiful blue eyes.
Dance at the video store.
Enjoy having your wife in your arms, and feeling her gently fall asleep.
Be a hunk.
Be able to marry (and put up with) a wife like Yours.
On Saturday, we also went to go see a chick flick movie; it was Valentine's Day afterall. He's Just Not That Into You is definitly a chick flick, by the way! We walked around the temple and watched some brides getting their picture taken around the grounds. We also snuck into a hotel, and had a nice soak in their luxurious hot tub.


Today, we went sledding with my mom and my brother, Preston up in Flagstaff. Ah, the beauty of living in Phoenix, we can go VISIT the snow, but we don't have to LIVE in the snow!

Next holidays to look forward to: My birthday (eep!), Spring Break, St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Wow fun! I've never thought about sneaking into a hotel before!

Anonymous said...

haha. I loved that you snuck into a hotel. I am such a pansy and probably would have backed out. It looks like you guys had a great VAlentines!! You guys are so cute - an so newlywed. Stay that way!!!!!