Friday, February 27

Exactly What I Needed

It has been a pretty stressful for me the past couple of weeks . The school is jumping down every one's throats because testing is coming up (AIMS and AzAC) and if the school doesn't make the appropriate improvements in their scores, the state is going to take over. This is NOT a good thing.
As a result, the principal has had the staff go to all kinds of crazy meetings the past couple of weeks. Talk about staff development overload! I think I've been in about 6 or so 2 1/2 hour (at least) meetings the past two weeks. The trainings have been great! The problem is I'm overwhelmed with data, techniques, and activities to try, I don't know where to start! I feel very inexperienced right now. I'm just ready for a break (of the spring variety).
As you can imagine, T has gotten the brunt of it. I've been cranky and snapping at him a lot. Just ask him, I'm not over exaggerating. I'm really sorry love!
Yesterday I got home, particularly in a sour mood because I ended my day with not one, but two meetings. I'm just going to mention the 40 minutes in traffic to top it all off! When I walked in the door and here's what I found.


T was all dressed up. He had put the Valentine's Day flowers he gave me on the table along with some other sentimental items. He told me to go get dressed up. We ended up having a lovely dinner at the dinner table (not a usual occurence for us), listening to some Frank Sinatra. All of my frustrationn went away, I really needed this. Thanks for thinking of me baby! It was the sweetest thing I could ask for!



4 comments:

Chantel said...

That is so cute. You have a very sweet and thoughtful husband. You're one lucky girl! I hope things slow down for you soon.

Nat said...

What a great guy! Good for T.

SamanthaF said...

Are those fries?

T and Jackie Isom said...

No, it was this pasta thing we brought in the freezer section. P.S. Frozen pasta bags-best invention ever! I don't care about the sodium!