Monday, February 9

Arizona Rain...

How I LOVE the weather this time of year! This is the time of year most Arizonans dream about during the months of summer where you want to die. The thing about Arizona: there are two 'monsoon seasons'. By 'monsoon season', I mean two weeks where the skies are grey and cloudy. Sometimes there's rain, and sometimes there's not. Anyway, the summer monsoon comes around the end of July. This monsoon makes it rather humid, but it comes with GORGEOUS electrical storms. I can guarantee if you are from Arizona, you love the cloudless thunderstorms. How they light up the sky! It is incredible.
The second season comes around now. It is like our version of Winter. The clouds are grey and sometimes black, and the possibility of rain makes things so exciting! It can be a problem if you work with kids. Kids get so excited about the rain; it makes it a pain to get them to focus. I just love the rain; I hope to move one day where it will rain a lot. Not a crazy amount, but at least more than once every three months. I'm just going to spend the next few weeks (hopefully it will be that long) basking in the Arizona 'Winter' sky!

I took this picture outside afterschool. Yay for the clouds, and the (almost) rain!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those pictures are incredible! I love rain. I hope it rains so you can go puddle-jumping.

Trish said...

Yeah I wish it would rain more in Texas! What is up with the flood signs, geez! Cool photo!