Friday, November 28

Happy Thanksgiving!

This was one of the best Thanksgivings! The food was amazing, and it was nice to share it with family and friends. My mom is so good about inviting people to our house who don't have a place to go for this great holiday, so our house is always full, either with people we do or don't know. The people in attendance this year were: T and I, my sister (Samantha), my brother (Preston), my grandma and grandpa Kehres (my mom's parents), Gina and Don (my grandparent's friends), my parents of course, one of Gina and Don's neighbors, Dick , my Aunt Donita, and this guy from India my mom invited because he had no other place to go. There is always someone from India my mom works with who comes to Thanksgiving. It is our own tradition. Everyone brought something, so there are TONS of leftovers. The thing I loved most about it wasn't the food, it was that the whole family congregated in the Kitchen and just talked and laughed and had a great time being with each other. Here is the story of our Thanksgiving, displayed through pictures...

When the neighbor guy, Dick came over, he just walked in the door and started playing his accordian! What a Thanksgiving first! After dinner, Preston, who plays the drums, jammed out with the guy. Dick says they are going to start a band.I think there were so many pies that each person could have had their own!

I am officially a fried-turkey convert, so delicious!Naturally, you can't have Thanksgiving without the traditional Thanksgiving nap!After all was said and done, I wanted to find out our personality colors, so we took the test. I am a blue personality, and T is a white personality. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Looks like super fun!

Melissa said...

Jackie,
You guys always have SO much fun! It seems like no matter what situation you're in, you find something to laugh about and enjoy. You're such fun people! Happy holidays... the door is always open (not literally, of course) if you would like to visit!

Melissa said...

I think my favorite part of your Thanksgiving is the guy who walked in and played the accordion.