Sunday, August 10

At the end of the day...

My parents thought we could all meet in Mesquite to go see a play at Tuacahn on our way back down to Phoenix. Richard was going to be in Utah too, and could come down. My parents wanted to take advantage of the situation, since him and Joie have moved to Denver. It seems like we never really know when we will all be together again. T and I got to see two plays, Les Miserables and The Sound of Music! We were so lucky! I love Tuacahn because it is basically a big ampitheater with the side of a redrock moutain as the backdrop. One thing I really love is looking up in the middle of the play and seeing all the sights. It's like two shows are competing for my attention. The first play we saw was Les Miserables.
I have loved this opera ever since I was a little girl. I know every song and every word (just ask T, I've been singing all the songs verbatim since we saw it). It was kind of a family thing, we owned the tapes and would listen to them everytime we got into the car. We listened to those tapes so much, we broke them all.
I actually had never seen the opera before. I was very excited. It was a very wonderful experience. I like the first half of the show much better than the second half. I think the music is more capivating. T agreed, which says a lot because the second half is full of war and fighting.
A funny thing happened while we were there. We sat down in our seats, T looked over and asked me, "Is that our mission president?" (President Larkin) It looked exactly like him! We then realized it was our mission president's twin brother. That is still a pretty small world. The second play we got to see was The Sound of Music. I really enjoyed this play, too! My favorite part was the marionette scene. If anyone has seen the movie, there is a marionette scene with real marionettes. In the play, they used people. Man, they stole the show! So fun!

4 comments:

Trish said...

Oh I love Les Miserables too! That would be awesome to see it there!

Anonymous said...

ok so I just realized I didn't know how you two met. You were missionaries in the same mission?? How awesome! Now you understand more about Brian and I - haha!

T and Jackie Isom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
peachytiffers said...

I LOVE Les Mis!!! That sounds like so much fun!