Monday, June 30

Our Spring Break Adventure

I know that I'm not really talking about what is going with us right now, but there were some cute stories I wanted to tell before I get into what is in the present. During our spring break this year, we decided to go up to Utah to see some of our family. On our drive up there, T wanted to stop in southern Utah to see these wind caves he had gone and seen with his brother and his family a few years back. He told me that the rock is so soft, you can rub the walls, and it breaks off into your hands. They were also pretty high up, which seemed pretty cool.
We had to hike up there, which was a feat for me, because I like wearing the most comfortable clothes and shoes possible when I travel. This means, wearing pajama bottoms and flip flops. So here I am, struggling to get up this pretty steep hill wearing not appropriate attire.
Anyway, we get up there, and I'm slowly making my way around the caves. Looking at the walls, and rubbing them. Since the walls are so malleable, people had carved their names into the walls. It was pretty neat! This must be a popular place because there were so many names all over! I had no idea this place even existed.
This was one of the entrances into the cave. If you look really hard, you can see the names on the walls.
So, while I'm walking around, I'm just kind of babbling and talking about whatever. In the middle of the cave, I start looking at the floor and examining how soft it is with my feet. At one point, I ask T if he wrote his name on one of the walls the last time he was here. He told me that he had, and he would look for it. I then told him I thought it would be fun to write something like, T + Jackie or something cutesy like that. It is at this point I look up and T is standing there next to one of the walls. I'm thinking, "What is he doing?" I then start to read the wall. I first see a huge name on it, which sprawls the whole wall. It reads 'Jackie'. I think to myself, "Oh, someone named Jackie too wrote on it." Then I read the whole thing, and this is what it says.
He had already done it! If anyone knows our engagement story, T and I lived in different places while we were engaged. He would come down to see me now and again. Apparently, on one of his trips he climbed up there, used his pocket knife, and carved a giant "T Loves Jackie" sign into that mountain with the idea that he would one day take me up there to show me.



I, of course, had to write the same thing in the wall as well. That was such a fun thing to do, so I took exactly one million pictures.
If you noticed in the last picture, T's hair was getting kind of long and scroungy. My mom calls T impetuous, and this is why. All the way to Utah, T told me that he was going to grow his hair out until he could put a ponytail in it. The minute we get to Utah, he decides he wants me to shave it all off. So that is what we did. I used a single blade razor that took FOREVER!! In the end, his head was super smooth. The problem with shaved heads is that the hair has to grow back eventually. This means T's head got something I like to call, "sandpaper head". I'm not a big fan of this stage of the hair growing process, so I would prefer it if he didn't shave it for awhile. When it comes to T, you never know what he is going to want to do next.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Wow that sounds like fun! I love your blog layout, its very cute!

Mary said...

Thats such a cute story about T!!