Tuesday, December 27

I'm Two!

I'm trying to teach my fourth graders responsibility.
When they come to me with, yet another, sob story about why they didn't do their homework, I usually tell them something along the lines of:
"No, the REAL reason you didn't do your homework is because you were being irresponsible."
They usually bow their heads and nod in defeat.
Then, they bound away fully intending to do it again the next day and the next.
This Christmas season, I could say I was really busy.
I could say I was really stressed out.
I could say I had tons engagements to attend to.
I could say my computer broke and I was unable to use a device that allowed me to keep up with things.
But, no.
I was being irresponsible.

Now that we have that out of the way...
John Wayne turned two!

It's weird for me to think of my baby boy as a two year old...
On one hand, I feel like he's my baby, and he should have NEVER been allowed to turn 2.  
On the other, I feel like he acts waaay older than two and cannot believe he's only 2?
Either way, he's two.
We enjoyed a birthday celebration in our little home, and had a pretty fun time for it being only the three of us.
(I get the impression John Wayne likes bigger crowds than both T and I enjoy).
We ate pizza.
 Where he ate all the toppings off of it.
He gave me some good happy shots with his daddy, who is seriously the main reason why my boy wakes up in the morning.
He opened up a few presents from us.  Mostly, he opened his gifts with one hand while he held he latest Thomas DVD in the other.
He wasn't in a pants wearing mood (is he ever?) so I granted his birthday wish.
He got phone call/skyped with his grandparents, who are the second reason why wakes up in the morning.
I think the thing that gave him the most happiness?
Spending time with the people he loves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you cute boy!

Pants said...

YAY!

Melissa said...

Crazy that he's two! He is still adorable.